Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My computer has never had problems connecting to the internet

Customer Question

My computer has never had problems connecting to the internet but today i can only connect to browsers. When i click a link i get a page that says it cant be reached, but since i can pull it up my other computer it is this computer..help
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Ma'am the web links you are trying to open is it also from the web browser or from another web application like mail application (Windows live mail,Thunderbird,Outlook etc)?Which is the web browser you are using is it Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or any otherSincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

the links were from google, websites I know to be good websites and that I can bring up immediately on my other computer

Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Which is the web browser you are using is it Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or any other?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Foxfire, chrome, and ie

Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the details.Does all the browsers have the issue of opening website links?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

YES

Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
I apologize for the delay,i wasn't online when you replied.First you need to make sure one of this browser as default browser.To do that go to control panel then default programs then click on Set your default program from that select the browser that needs to be the default browser (I suggest Firefox) then click on Set this program as default after that click on OKNow go back to default programs window then select associate a file type or protocol with a program that will load a list of file extensions from that look for .htm and .html see if both of them are selected to use Firefox if not click on choose a program and then locate Mozilla Firefox file which is in C drive program files (x86) if you haven't changed.make sure both are changed to use Firefox.Once that is done.Close that window then restart the PC and check the web links.Let me know the resultSincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Ma'am checking to see whether you still need my help.Please let me know.Sincerely,JohnNote:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.