Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Sr System Administrator at General Dynamics
92043526

I have an older Trendnet router ( TEW-691GR ). I am attempting

Customer Question

I have an older Trendnet router ( TEW-691GR ). I am attempting to get Netflix sent to my smart tv. Before I moved, I had a direct cable connection to the router and the tv picked up the connection with no problem. Now I have a dish internet service and must set up the connection manually. The connection set-up requires a password ***** connect.
Trendnet wants me to pay $39.00 to receive my password ***** said I could get it free on line. Can you help me with this or point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Trey
Category: Computer
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 7 months ago.
Hey Trey how are you today? Have you tried resetting the router?
Also for the username and password, try admin as the user, and then try a blank password.
Please let me know if this has worked for you or if you have any other questions! If I have assisted please rate me!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO. I am not asked for a user name, only a password ***** my router
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You have not answered my first question completely to have helped me. I am told by your company that if I ask another question I will be charged another $40.00. Please respond to my question to help me. So far...not good for any positive rating for you or your company.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need a WPA Passphrase.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to know if you are there.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My router #'s are:
S/N: UM1028RA00262
MAC: 0014D1CB6B54
You will not have to ask another question we can continue on this one. As far as a WPA passphrase, you need to log in to the router. This is where the username and password ***** come in to play. How do I reset the router to factory default settings?Press and hold in the reset button on the back of the router for approximately 15 seconds while the power is on. The default values are as follows. IP Address: 192.168.10.1 Username: admin Password: Leave blank SSID: TRENDnet or TRENDnet691 Encryption: none ...
After you follow these steps, you will log into the router by using your browser and going to http://192.168.10.1username - adminpassword [BLANK]There, you can reconfigure your WPA key, along with other router settings.
Please let me know if this worked for you, or if you are having any additional problems. The provided instructions should have reset your router, allowing you to reconfigure the WPA passcode