Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Trying to download service pack 1 on windows 7, the download

Customer Question

trying to download service pack 1 on windows 7, the download goes ok but it will not install says FAILURE
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Windows update issues can sometimes be easy or incredibly difficult.. So if we don't make immediate progress don't give up, I can always connect t o your computer from here and fix the issue in person, if needed. To get started with the repairs, run the windows update troubleshooter first. You can run it from the link on this page Once it has completed and repaired all it can.. Run windows update next.. let it install any and all updates it finds.. After it installs the updates and your computer restarts.. Run windows update again, keep running it and installing updates until it cant find any more u pdates. Only then, do we want to try and install the Service pack 1.. If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.