GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I have Samsonite spark 67cm 4w and cannot open the combination

Customer Question

I have Samsonite spark 67cm 4w and cannot open the combination lock. It must have changed when being moved.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Three figure combination with pushbutton on left to open the lock. Does not respond to my known combination.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: sorry but no.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Let's give this method a try:STEP 1Place the Samsonite suitcase on its side to view the combination locks.STEP 2Turn on a flashlight and shine the beam directly into the lock mechanism so you can see behind each numbered wheel for the combination. Look into the narrow gap between the wheels.STEP 3Rotate the left wheel until you see a notch in the wheel line up with the mark on the outside of the lock. This is the first number in the combination.STEP 4Turn the second and third wheels in the same manner until the notches line up with the mark on the lock.STEP 5Slide the latch button outward to release the clasp.STEP 6Reset the combination on your luggage by pushing and holding the button next to the lock inside the suitcase. Rotate the numbered wheels one at a time to the new combination and release the button.STEP 7Test the new combination before closing and locking your Samsonite suitcase.STEP 8Write down the new combination and store it in a safe place away from the luggage. A passport pouch or compartment in your wallet makes a useful storage spot.Let me know how it goes. If this doesn't work for you I'll find a method that does.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Did this work for you or do you need further help? Please advise.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
If the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!