Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a laptop that just freezes up and I can't move the

Customer Question

I have a laptop that just freezes up and I can't move the cursor after about using it for five minutes. I took it to Geek Squad and the young man who helped me swore it was my internet connection of which I really didn't think it was. He said even after all their overnight checks it was my internet connection, but I took the laptop to my other house of which also has an internet connection and it froze up at that house also. Any idea what's going on? I had used my Geek Squad account at Best Buy to check out the issue.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The laptop now was the new Windows 10 operating system on it that I downloaded onto it a few months ago as an FYI. The laptop did not freeze up (meaning the cursor froze) after I initially downloaded the free Windows 10. The laptop is about 5 years old.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. You are correct to not believe what Geek Squad told you. A slow Internet connection will not cause your computer to freeze as it does; there is no way that it is the culprit. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer. Once remoted in, I will be able to analyze your issue and solve the problem.Thank you,Jason
May I ask for an update? I ask because I see that you have not responded. In order to send me a message, you can type the message in the box below and click the Send button. Thank you.