Evan Davis
Evan Davis,
Experience:  Senior Applications Analyst at University of Kentucky HealthCare
93875751

I am having problems getting my custom forms to show up. I

Customer Question

I am having problems getting my custom forms to show up.
I have read all the blogs and it just does not want to populate on the other end.
What are the costs to getting 15 minutes of help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. What type of custom forms are you trying to install or publish? Is this for a wordpress site, or some other site? Please provide further details on the issue if you can, thank you. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a outlook email form, used for a quick response to a sales call
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been opening an email and going into design mode, setting up the overall design, and then saving it as a form.
I have removed the separation on the read level, and published the form. It shows up on my outlook with a yellow sticky note icon with a pushpin through it. I can see it, but no one else can.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is anyone there ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can see that I have paid for the support, is anyone there to help us. We are all sitting here waiting for an answer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Lets try opening your custom form, on ribbon go to FORMS > PAGE dropdown, uncheck 'Separate Read Layout'. You might also have to check the "Send Form Definition with Item" property With that being said.. Lets discuss the recipients.. Are they using outlook 2013 ? They arent trying to open the form through a phone, or a web browser or some other program are they? Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dustin,oooraa ! I have done those steps, and it still doesent work. Everyone is using 2010 to my knowledge.
We are testing the form on outlook and only outlook The form is not designed to open on a mobile phone unless it runs outlook mobile and is set correctly
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
so, those steps you mentioned have been followed several times, as well as completely re doing the form.
I even tried deleting the read layout altogether.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dustin, this has nothing to do with my call, but you were USArmy, did you serve overseas ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You served as a boffin right ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dustin, are we done here ? let me know.
Expert:  Evan Davis replied 7 months ago.
Hi there, my name is ***** ***** justanswer.com, thanks for working with us.Unless you can publish the form to the Organizational Forms library (ask your administrator), each person will need to get the .oft file from you and save it to their local hard drive, then follow these steps:1) Choose Tools | Forms | Choose Form.2) Select "User templates in file system."3) Browse to the folder where the .oft file is saved.4) Select that file.5) When the item opens, on the Developer tab, choose Publish and publish the form to the Personal Forms library with exactly the same message class as you're using for those items.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I understand all of this.
This is not the issue we are having.The form itself does not display when sent to test recipients. It is a form that is supposed to be sent to clients as an information page.I am familiar with all the sharing aspects of distributing a form in outlook.My problem is that when we send test copies out to people, the form does not display
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Evan, I actually built the form that we are trying to send.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Further,
I designed the for myself, and am familiar with all the directions you have given to date specific to my question.I've clicked the "separate read view" button, and have also selected the " send form definition with item" choice in properties.These options were readily available online to us when the problem began yesterday.I understand if you're having problems answering this question.We render the impression when we solicited the service call and paid for it that your group was capable of answering these issues, and are completely trained on Microsoft Office.If you're unable to help with this, please indicate so and provide a credit to the deposit that was made against my card earlier.Thanks
Hi there, thanks for the info,I appreciate it and understand now.Can you send me a copy of the form as it's seen in test?*****@******.***
Thanks for sending the form I have recreated it on my end and looks to work for me when recieving within outlook. See attached screenshots. I have emailed you a test form.One thing to note is that when opening in HTML based email applications like gmail/hotmail/rocketmail/e.t.c because your graphic is setup on the second page it may not display correct. I would recommend adding the graphic on the initial page or as an attachment.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have done that.
I am going to try and email you the FORM, and lets see what happens. Let me know if you get it.
Got it, recieved it without the form graphic.I have embeded the form graphic in another OFT file (version 3 sent to your email) on the same page as the signature.Let's try opening this in your outlook 2010 copy and send me a message, see if that works any better.
HI Cameron, I recieved the message with the graphics, looks much better now. I would test it internally too to make sure when it's recieved in outlook it looks correct for your uses as well.Thanks,Evan
HI Cam, wanted to follow up and make sure you are satisfied with the work? If so I would appreciate a rating as to the assistance that was provided. Thank you very much, Evan
Email conversation attached.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
EvanSorryHad problems hereWill view this afternoon.I'll explain later
No worries, what can I help with?
HI Cameron,Just following up to make sure you were satisfied with the service provided? If so I would appreciate a rating as to the service provided.Let me know of any further items we can assist with.Thank You very much,Evan