Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I tried to convert some photos from an email PDF and could

Customer Question

Hi. I tried to convert some photos from an email PDF and could not. So I chose a converter, and it's now on my desktop as a toolbar and as my search homepage. I am a Firefox user, and want this thing gone. It's called PC Converter. The url showing when it appears is
hp.myway.com/pconverter/ttab02/index.html?coId=5b92e66c711343a391827a448a7b1c98&subId&ln=en&n=780BD6C7&ptb=6977D60
I've looked for Add/Remove Pgms in my control panel, and don't see it. I use Windows 7.
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there Ray and welcomeIt appears you installed some malware which is common on those types of sites.Download Malwarebytes from my link below. You can use the free version for thishttps://www.malwarebytes.org/dl-confirm/Install and run a full scan and it should then remove it for you.Then just use this website to convert PDF, no download neededhttps://www.pdftoword.com/ I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know please how you go.