Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Cannot install the new itune it say old version of apple software

Customer Question

cannot install the new itune it say old version of apple software update cannot be removed i have removed all refernce of apple software update from my registry and it does not show up in control panel program and features how do i find the hidden program and remove it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: all good i hope he can fix my problem
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 10 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sure what would you like me to do
I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok i do not see your request
It should show you an option to click on accept offer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok why was i charged 45 dollars
It seems like there are issues with remote service going through due to payment issues. Would you like to continue here via instructions?
You can speak to billing about charges, however remote service is an additional $26 USD.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sure i would like to know why i was charged 45 dollars instead of 5
I am a tech only, and can only assist with tech issues. For billing issues, you can speak to customer service on 1800-679-634 o by email on***@******.***
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
any way my problem i do not have the apple software update installed on my computer at all but when i try to install itunes it tells me an older version is installed and cannot be removed
Hold the Windows Key and Press R.Type appwiz.cpl and Click OK.Tell me if you see any of these softwares listed there1) iTunes2) Apple Software Update3) Apple Mobile Device Support4) Bonjour5) Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later). On some systems, iTunes might install two versions of Apple Application Support. This is expected. If both are present, be sure to uninstall both versions.6) Quicktime
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the anwser to number 1 is no
2 is no
3 is yes
4 is yes
5 is yes and 6 is no
remove all of them, from the list.
once removed, reboot pc and then try to install itunes and let me know if that worked.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have done this a 1000 times i do not have itunes showing up in that list as well as apple software update is also not their and quicktime
You have it's components installed, you said yes to (3, 4, and 5). I can't take you to the advanced method unless we try this. If we go the advanced method directly, we may have to repeat the steps.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes and I always uninstall them and try to reinstall itunes and get the same error message and older version of apple software update is installed and cannot be removed contact your support group
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
same error message the older version of apple software update cannot be removed contact technical support
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello are you still their
Please go to www.revouninstaller.comDownload it, and install it. Once it is installed, let me know.