Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

My Nexus 9 won't charge anymore

Customer Question

My Nexus 9 won't charge anymore
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, Your Nexus 9 may not be charging due to a drained battery. You can use the Android bootloader menu to properly turn off your Nexus and get it charging again: First, do these quick checks:Make sure the power outlet that your Nexus device is plugged into is working properly.Make sure you're using the power adapter and USB cable that came with your Nexus device. Check to make sure that this charger is working correctly by trying it with another device.Make sure there isn’t any dust or lint in the power port.Make sure the power cord is securely connected to the device and the power adapter.After you've plugged in your device:Check to see if a battery icon appears on the screen after 1 minute.If the battery icon appears, press and hold the Power button for 15 to 30 seconds to see if your device turns on.If the problem still occursMake sure there isn’t any dust or lint in the power port.Using the original charger, plug your Nexus tablet into a functioning power outlet.Press and hold the Volume down button. While holding Volume down, press and hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds until you see an Android robot and the word Start on the screen.Press the Volume down button until Power off is highlighted. Press the Power button to select that option.Once your tablet turns off, disconnect the charger, then reconnect it. A battery icon should appear on your screen.Charge your Nexus device for at least 1 hour before turning it back on. If you arr still having charging problems with your Nexus 9, Please try to change the battery or you may want to contact the place you purchased the device from and asking about warranty or repair service. Hope this help, if you have a moment kindly rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, positive rating are appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello!
No luck with those instructions!
Nothing at all happens when I plug in the charger.
Any other ideas?
- Tom
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for your reply, I'm sorry about this, It could be that the battery inside the Nexus 9 has gone bad and needs to be replaced. With help removing the battery, please visit the Nexus 9 Battery Replacement guide. Thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.
This is the honest answer i can give you. If you have a moment, kindly rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars below, positive rating are appreciated.JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.best regards,