Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have windows 7 home premium, after I select to logoff in

Customer Question

I have windows 7 home premium, after I select to logoff in the bottom right corner I have a circle that says "shut down" and next to that is a little downward arrow that says "shut down options". I don't know what shut down options means. Can you help. My name is ***** ***** I am computer illiterate ( you probably guessed that already)
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. Normally, the shut down "options" are just other ways to turn off, or partially turn off your computer. This includes sleeping, and hibernating. There may also be an option to just logoff , instead of shutting down. If possible, can you tell me exactly what you see on the screen, and don't understand? I can tell you what any option you see means.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, what you just said is what I don't understand. Before last week when I was ready to logoff and shut down, I'd select logoff which would clear the screen; then I'd select shut down. Then at the bottom right corner I would have two options- the circle would say" shut down" and the other would say "install updates and shut down" Now it says "shut down" and "shut down options" I DON'T KNOW WHAT 'SHUT DOWN OPTIONS MEANS1
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want my question answered.
I think the best way for me to help you with this would be for me to temporarily connect to your computer, and see exactly what you see. I can fix the problem, or answer any more questions while you watch.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not accept this offer. The technician did not answer my question; in addition, I had to wait 2 hours for an email response. Why can't I chat with a tech?
If you don't want to do a remote connection, then please visit the link below to learn how to take a SCREEN CAPTURE of the screen you are seeing regarding the shutdown options. Then , you can send me the picture of your screen, so I can see exactly what you are seeing, and help you that way.