Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Good Morning,I bought my new ASUS laptop on 21/06/15, model:

Customer Question

Good Morning,
I bought my new ASUS laptop on 21/06/15, model: x2005TA -FD005BS NBK DNX.
I always had the interuption that I should upgrade to Windows 10. I tried that several times, alas the download never completed. Then I de cided to try to clear the lot, however I lost my password. Now I cannot use my magnificent machine. Could you please issue me with a new password.
I fortunately strill have my XP so I could send you this mail.
I Thank you in anticipation, please help me soon.
Kind regards ***** ***** on the Gold Coast in Australia.
Phone:(###) ###-####email***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Does your new Asus laptop currently have windows 7 or 8 or 10?Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Solution #1:- If there is an email address showing on the problematic Asus laptop, then please try the following fix:1. On your working IBM Windows XP desktop computer, click on the website below:https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx2. Then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next at the bottom.3. Then in the first box, type in the email address as shown on the problematic Asus laptop.4. Then in the second box, type in the characters as shown on the page.5. Then click on Next at the bottom. Then follow the instructions there in order to reset your Microsoft account password., then try it on the problematic Asus laptopSolution #2:- If there is no email address or if the solution above does not work, then please try the following steps on the problematic Asus laptop:At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon at bottom, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Remove everything" and/or "Just remove files", and continue.When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.