Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I cannot open up my sites home page JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

I cannot open up my sites home page
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: One of the previous administrators, put a banner on the page from another program. I used to be able to open the page with a blank where the banner was. Now the page opens blank.
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I am not sure. I do know what other program was used.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Just to make sure I understand correctly, when you open your browser it just opens to a blank page?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I am attempting to edit my web page in Yahoo sitebuilder. A previous administrator install some type of banner using a different program. I used to be able to open the homepage with a blank space where the banner is. Now all I get is a blank page with non of the content visable.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Okay I see. My apologies but I will need to opt out to let another expert handle your question. Good luck!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Brent Woolverton replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am here to assist you with your web design issue. Can you please advise where the banner link went to? As well, what is the URL of the website you are building so that I can see what we are working with.Thank youBrent
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
. Com. Have no idea what the banner was
Hello again, Thank you. I am looking into your code right now attempting to see why top.html is not displaying properly. This may take me a few moments.
It looks like the code that held the banner been removed from the top.html all together. Were you storing a local image for the banner, and where were you directing the banner to go to?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I want the space gone
I think I understand what you would like to do at this time. Can you access the file manager to the website? If so you want to rename index.html to oldIndex.html and rename intro.html to index.html.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will do that when I get back home
Sounds good. Let me know your result once these changes have been made.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Brent, I did what you suggested and it did work. Thank you for your help.I have one more question to ask you or another person. Our website provider is Yahoo and we use Yahoo Sitebuilder for content design. We have tried to use another design builder, WIX, and import that into the service provider, but we never were able to do so. We followed the directions from Wix, but we never were successful. Can anyone help us with that?
Hello, From what I am seeing, the banner has been removed. Have you tried clearing your cache and looking again? I may suggest adding a title to the page between the <html> tag and the <body> tag using the <title></title> tags.Please see the attached picture to see what I am seeing with the page. I personally have never used Wix before, but would be willing to assist if you would like I would just need to read their FAQ and perhaps I could remote connect to assist you through the process.