Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

How do I chance the default write disk on my z230?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, Change* like. From hard drive to SD card
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.What do you mean by "Changing the default write disk?".As im confused what you are trying to accomplish?Your Operating system is stored on the hard drive, which is considered your DEFAULT storage device....simply because its the ONLY storage device that is INTERNAL to the system.....all other storage devices would be considered EXTERNAL..What is it you are trying to do, or accomplish? I might be able to help you.....but some things just are not possible, and i want to be sure you know whats possible, and what is NOT possible.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I install apps directly to my SD card. My phone has over encumberment issues
When an app goes to Install, you can choose WHERE it will install, and there fore choose the SD card directory.......but i would warn against putting ANY apps on an external SD card....the read/write speeds are SO MUCH SLOWER than the internal hard drive, that your APP might become unusable when it is loaded from an SD card.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, thank you
Yeah, you are very welcome....please take a moment to rate my performance.Thank you!
please take a moment to rate my performance.Thank you!