Asriel
Asriel, Computer Repairer
Experience:  I have been working with computers for over six years now, I have my own business and contract out with other companies.
60618250

One more question . If I can access my drive via the

Customer Question

One more question for JA. If I can access my drive via the Target disk, is there a way I fix my computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
Hello! I took a look at your last request. It looks like you can hook your broken computer's hard drive up to your computer. You should be able to pull the files from it and recover data, but I think you will need to do a reinstall of the Mac OS to actually fix it. I would back up all of your data first. Is there any chance you have a time machine backup from before it crashed?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
:) I do have a Time Machine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for responding to my question!
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
I think the best way to go about this will be to get the os reinstalled and then run a time machine backup. That should be the seamless and easiest option as I see it.
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
You're welcome!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sadly I can't find my original OS disks and it will not install 10.6.8. At least I can seem files. I'm very glad about that :)
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
You have another Mac with the same version it had? If so you can use it to make disks that will work. Otherwise, I'd just take it to the Apple store, they should do it for free.
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
I wanted to see if you needed anything else here.