Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

There! ... long time, my desktop used to be

Customer Question

Hi There! ... For a long time, my desktop used to be populated by the same familiar, and unchanged "icons" showing every time I would 'sign on', and I liked seeing them there, to 'choose from' if I wanted to! Now, (and for quite a while) my desktop still shows those same 'icons' -- BUT -- several more that I don't care about "popping up" every time I sign online, nowadays, and many of them are just pictures, etc. etc. from what I have usually just gone to once or twice, and don't care to have them appearing over and over, when I sign on, and making everything look "messy and confusing"... and I just want my original icons that were always there before... but none of the later ones that keep showing up for no reason!! Is there a way to get rid of the ones I don't want to see, and that keep 'popping up, unwanted' and clear all of the 'newer ones' away and just go back to the "basic, original ones"??? I hope you can help me with this 'ongoing problem' that came out of "nowhere, suddenly, awhile back" and keeps showing up with more 'new ones' almost every day!! Thank you, ***** ***** if you can solve this for me!! H.D. --- [email protected]
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Helen, would you prefer to have me connect to your computer from here and solve the issues, and make any needed repairs on screen while you observe? Or do you want me to try and guide you through figuring out what the issues is and then repairing it via written communication alone? Thank you for your response, Dustin S.