Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Aol shows on my desk top and the list of apps but when I click

Customer Question

Aol shows on my desk top and the list of apps but when I click on nothing happens .I have to sign on Google - chrome to get to AOL. I am using a HP computor. Upgraded to windows 10 about 5 months ago . My huband is having the same problem with his screen name.
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I really want my favorite places back !!! And the convenience of signing on to AOL directly. We have not changed firewalls or virus protection or added any new software that could have caused the problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.I think the best way to help you and identify and diagnose this issue you are having with the AOL software, is for me to SEE directly what is going on..To do this, we need to have a Remote Session....where i connect to your computer and can SEE what is on your screen, and SEE what your issue really is..Are you up for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would that work- since I am not on my normal sign on screen ?
Are you on the computer that is causing the trouble?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iam concerned that I will loose files that are not backed up.
I assure you, you will not lose any files......this is what i do for a living.....and went to college for a degree in this too..Unless you DELETE the files...they will always be there for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't you help without all the charges?
Do you ask mechanics to work on your car for free?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just spent $5.00 for some advice and help.
There are plenty of online Forums (Web blogs) that you can post your questions to, and somebody (maybe) will respond and give you poor to maybe good advice. All for free..Currently you spent $5 as a DEPOSIT.......you would get that back.But because you are SO concerned about the money rahther than fixing your computer, i will have to OPT-OUT, and allow some other expert to help you...maybe they will do it for free.....good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I have no assistance will my 5.00 be refunded?
.
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service.I apologize for any previous confusion about the costs of our services. This is a pay service, and the advice and assistance is not free.I am actually a technician, and all I ever ask from my customers is a good honest rating on my help to you.The costs are between you and the company that owns this website, and they will certainly tell you the costs before we perform any services for you.In any case, I can assure you that for me to connect to your PC and try to fix your issues, will cost more than $5.Please let me know if you wish to pay for the services to help solve your problems, and I will respond. Thank You.