Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

How to update google search results? When I type in a my

Customer Question

How to update google search results? When I type in a my clients company name some of the link names in the google search results are wrong. Where do I update this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Are the link names that are incorrect associated with Google or are they tied to other websites?- Jason
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When you type in "dublin deck" in google search you see the results in the attached image. The section in image in red rectangle is my concern. Google shows the link as "Dublin Deck" when it should display "Menu". Also, on the bottom right of image, where do I define the "Menu:"?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello? Please answer.
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi! In order to update how the menu information for your restaurant appears, you will need to update your site's schema. Specifically, there is a menu schema that accepts either plain text of your menu, or a link to the menu page on your site in order to generate the data you see in search results.For more information about what schema is and how to use it, please see:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How long does it take for google to update the search results? That is, when someone views the search results "dublin deck" on when will this "Menu" link show the new text?
Great question! The answer is that the timeframe you're looking at varies, and pretty significantly at that -- it could take as few as 24 hours, or as long as several months. It largely depends on when Google last indexed your site, and when your site is scheduled to be crawled again.To speed things up, you can manually request that Google re-index your site after you've added your schema (and given it 24-48 hours to propagate across the 'net). You'll find the feature here (in webmaster tools).Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi - good answer, so if I use webmaster to recrawl my site it will be propagated in 1-2 days? Which scheme format is better? jsonld or the others?
Yep, you've got it! Once your site is crawled by the Googlebot, it will be re-indexed and update worldwide within 24-48 hours in most cases. Do keep in mind that manually submitting a crawl request doesn't guarantee an instant response, though. It's certainly faster -- usually taking only a few days -- but can sometimes take a couple of weeks. It's nevertheless much faster than just waiting on Google to get around to it!As far as the crawling scheme, none will really index faster than any other. If your menu page/schema is HTML only (that is, not dynamically generated using Ajax or some such), any scheme will be fine.Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.