Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Please take bing off of my computer JA: Good tech support

Customer Question

Please take bing off of my computer
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It appears that bing is a Microsoft product which attached itself to a recent update. I need your help to remove it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When does Bing appear on your computer?What's your Internet browser program, such as Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bing appears when I start the Internet Explorer from an icon on my bar for Windows 8.1.
A remote session would be great. Thank you
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=492ed765-83f2-4a2c-a1fe-5fcb3eb4e692, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
1. Click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me:http://tinyurl.com/hhayq2k2. Then open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
delete this offer acceptance and send me a temporary password
Offer is deleted; please ignore the offer.1. Please click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can fix this issue directly for you:http://tinyurl.com/hhayq2k2. Then open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
1. Click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me:http://tinyurl.com/hhayq2k2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
I'm sorry; it seems your computer is having trouble connecting with me; we can try again as needed. Or you can try the simple fix below in order to delete Bing:Solution #1:In Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon at the upper right corner, then click on Internet options.Then delete everything in the Home page box.Then in the Home page box, enter a main website you want such as google.com or yahoo.com etc..Then click OK at bottom.Then close Internet Explorer program, then re-open it and check.Solution #2:- If that does not work, please try:Click on the gear icon at the upper right corner in Internet Explorer program, then click on Internet options.Then delete everything in the Home page box.Then click OK at bottom.Then close Internet Explorer program, then re-open it and check.Solution #3:- If that still does not work, please try:Close all Internet Explorer windows / websites for now.Click Start , and then click Control Panel.Open Network and Internet / Internet Options.Click the Advanced tab at the top.Then click Reset button.In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.Click on Close.Then open Internet Explorer, and keep default / recommended options if prompted, and check.; (If needed, click on the gear icon at upper right corner in Internet Explorer, then click on Internet Options, and then enter the home page website you want, then click OK.)When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.