Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I had trouble installing my new NeatConnect scanner and my

Customer Question

I had trouble installing my new NeatConnect scanner and my Neat Receipts software after purchasing a new iMac (iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)). Neat customer support spent hours trying to get my software to work and eventually went around the problem with a different cloud based software install. I cannot figure out how to use it and the scanner cannot be "found."
Since Neat support is at best very weak, I am wondering if you can assist me with getting the entire system up and running. This may be easy as just walking me through how to get the software working and seeing the scanner, but who knows. Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Also, whats the full and exact name brand and model of the scanner you are using.. Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Neat says that have an issue with El Capitan but the sent out a temp. fix. Still may be the issue because my NeatConnect scanner isn't shown on my Printer options and the email send process seems to be problematic via the Cloud.Let me know if there is a process to reconnect with you on Monday
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
The only process needed would be to reply on this same question on Monday, when you are ready to begin. Or, reply a bit ahead of time and let me know what time youd like to get started. Otherwise, Ill see you on Monday~ Dustin S.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Hello again, I havent heard back from you since you read my reply. Did you still need help? Is everything working now? Thank you for your response, Dustin S.