Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a program that runs well on windows 95 and 98. Move

Customer Question

I have a program that runs well on windows 95 and 98. Move program to windows 7 32 bits program run , you are able to do most of the task with few exceptions. Keyboard shortcuts not responding on the same program been run on windows 7.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Whats the name of the program you are trying to run on windows 7? And what version of the program is it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this program is a dos batch script that calls different options one being databases Foxpro. so when you run batch program opens using Dos window.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
any ideas??
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
If youre familiar with installing programs through DOS, you can use the dosbox program. Once installed, you then use the dos box program to install and run msdos programs inside dosbox, on windows 7. This will allow full usage of the program and its features. This will work.. Heres a video to help you learn the ropes of installing and using dosbox. If you run into any issues or have further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did what you said and program opens like it was before. I gave this program another try, I had done this before The problem is keyboard shortcuts are not working example if I press shift + prints creen it should start printing what is showing on the DOS window but is not