Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Cannot reset password ***** google chrome. i do not have a password

Customer Question

Cannot reset password ***** google chrome. i do not have a password ***** disk.
Cheryl
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Hi there Cheryl and welcomeDo you mean the password ***** order for you to sign into your windows 10 computer? So you are stuck on the login screen?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes. I typed the password ***** selected yesterday and I get an incorrect message. To access the wizard I must have created a password ***** disk, which I do not have.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks,Can you tell me the email address you used for signing in please?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
thanksDo you have access to the phone ending in 23?If so, what is the phone number?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** a code on it in a text message, tell me here the code sent please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is land line
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok you should receive a call telling you the code
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
thanks? I need the code Cheryl, that was told to you over the phone.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did not receive a phone call yet
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok strange... you may have entered the phone number in wrong when making the account.Can you check your emails please for an email from Microsoft with the code in it to give to me here
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The code came via email:(###) ###-#### ***** I enter this code as a password?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
no, restart your computer, then enter in the passwordrichieja16and it should now be accepted.Let me know please how you go.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I still get the incorrect password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
you need to first RESTART the computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Click on the computer on the power icon, choose RESTART
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did restart
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Within 1 minute? The computer would take longer then that and the password ***** now work as I have checked it here.Please shut down the problem computer, so make sure it is properly off.Then power it on and enter the password ***** as I set itrichieja16
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The password ***** ***** incorrect
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
strange as it is all fine here with the password ***** I can sign in on your account.Ill try a different password ***** youGive me please the new code you received on your email
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, power off the computer, power it on and use the passwordSecondPassword01 Note the Capitals please as you need to use them where I used themLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still incorrect. You mentioned Microsoft, this is google chrome password ***** I mentioned at the beginning
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Cheryl,I initially asked youHi there Cheryl and welcomeDo you mean the password ***** order for you to sign into your windows 10 computer? So you are stuck on the login screen?You then repliedYes. I typed the password ***** selected yesterday and I get an incorrect message. To access the wizard I must have created a password ***** disk, which I do not have. Google Chrome is just a browser, and does not ask for a password ***** disk.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry so what do now?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Cheryl,Are you now saying No to the question I asked? Or yes.Its now not clear what your issue is...Is it the windows sign in screen?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Maybe you can take a photo of what you are seeing to clarify?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The screen this morning was a different one than I had previously. I typed in my usual password ***** it was incorrect . Does that clarify things. I can send a photo, where shall I send it to?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
upload it here please, by attaching it to this question
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Richard, I took the photos but do not know how to upload to you. Can I send it your email?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
yes, reply to the email you just received, with the photos please
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
I received the photos and I am correct on the issue, so very strange it does not work....But your only option left is a reinstall of windows. It will remove all your data but you cannot avoid this now.To do the reset, hold the LEFT SHIFT key and with it held down, click the power icon and click Restart.Keep shift held down until the computer has restarted and you are at a menu.Release Shift, then click on troubleshoot, then Reset My Pc.You need to choose the option to remove all files and clean the PC.Once done, windows is installed and you can setup the PC again like when you first received it.Let me know please how you go.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The left shift does not do anything
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
It wont see it do anything when you press it, you just need to complete the entire set of instructions please
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Maybe it is easier if I call you?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Losing data worries me worries me and setting it up again. Anyway, thanks for trying to help.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, but if the password ***** ***** being accepted then you have to do this Cheryl, its the whole reason for the security, so you will need to do this to use the computer again.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you