Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience

How do I delete the Edit in Progress message written across

Customer Question

How do I delete the Edit in Progress message written across my picture. I'm working in Elements 14, I shot everything in Raw, went through the Raw Converter, saved in DNG format. I wanted to now save some of the pics as JPEG so I could send via e mail as smaller files. I have made several Photo Books through Adorama, but forgot they only work with 8 bit Tiffs and JPEG. My DNG's look very nice but am I going to have to go back to the Neff raw files to be able to make Tiffs and/or JPEGs? Hope this makes sense.
Jack Yraceburn
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think that what you say makes sense. The rules for editing RAW files are not the same as for editing other kinds of files. And if there's a text message written across the photo (how did that happen?) then aside from certain retouch tools that might be tried, the originals should probably be gone back to. (To try to edit out the unwanted text, select it with the Polygonal Lassoo,then click inside the selection border, and drag the outline to the part of the photo you want to clone.Select the Move tool, then hold down Alt (on PCs) and drag to move the cloned area onto the part you want to obliterate/remove.Choose Select--->Deselect.)