Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I have user unable to send efax to coworker within the same

Customer Question

I have user unable to send efax to coworker within the same office and on same network...Please see below:Sent Fax Report 4/12/2016 11:24:01 AMFailure: FW: test (Sent fax failed to 912126806317)
Sender Thomas Maher
Sender email***@******.***Job status Failed
Line speed 9600 bps
Total connection time 01:40
Transmitted pages 0 (Total: 4)
Resolution Fine
Remote fax ID
Line number 0
Number of retries 3
Additional information Failed to send fax : Handshaking failedOriginal Message Text
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The main informative part of that Fax Report is, I think, the 'Handshaking failed'. This hints at a complete failure of communication.I suspect that a network firewall setting, whether the software firewall on one computer of the two end-point computers involved, or a firewall on a networking box, has blocked the handshaking that negotiates, establishes, and sets up the fax connection. The alternative is, that the network link between the two end-points is in such a bad state that some packets are lost, or throughput is too slow. Is this really within the same sub-net? or is it across some sub-net links to other sub-nets?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, this is across the same sub-net....
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Running off the same router box, then? if so, that makes things easier.