Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

When I'm composing an e-mail the save draft function kicks

Customer Question

When I'm composing an e-mail the save draft function kicks in within seconds. How can I change the setting of the save draft frequency? It makes it nearly impossible to create a message. Is this in the control of yahoo or is it a problem with Microsoft, windows or what.
Al J.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Do you go to the yahoo.com website to use email? Or do you use an email program, such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Mail app, etc.?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Automatic draft saving is a feature / control of Yahoo; it does not let you change the setting. However, it works well for many computers, so it looks like there is issue with your internet program; I will help fixing this for you. Please try the following:Solution #1:Close all Internet Explorer windows / websites for now.Open Control Panel. Then open Network and Internet / Internet Options.; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type inetcpl.cpl then click OK, then the Internet Options window will open.)Then click on Delete and select only temporary internet / website files, then click on Delete.Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.Click on Close.Open Internet and check writing email. Solution #2:- If that does not work, please download and install the Google Chrome software at the website below:http://www.chrome.com, keep default options during installation, and when prompted to sign in Google account, select the skip / "no, thanks" option, then close Internet Explorer program, then open Google Chrome program, and go to the yahoo.com website in Chrome program and sign in your yahoo email. Then see if you can write emails in the Chrome program fine.- If there is still any issue, please let me know; I have another solution to try.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.