Stefan T
Stefan T, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  PC Technician at AST Enterprises
93058382

Dell studio one will not start up after power off or interruption

Customer Question

dell studio one will not start up after power off or interruption until it feels like it. a lot of people seem to have this problem and apparently there is no solution. as i like my unit any help would be appreciated
Category: Computer
Expert:  Stefan T replied 11 months ago.
Hi I am Stefan and I am willing to help as much as I can.
Apparently there is an issues with the Away Mode System in 64-bit systems. You can prevent it from occurring again by disabling the Away Mode System in your computer's BIOS. If you have the full model number I can give you information to disable it.
There is also a power supply issue with these units. You may need to swap it for a new one.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunately you didn't supply any answer I didn't already know. Also as I can't get it to come on I suspect it may be a little difficult to connect to it. Wayne
If you can not even get it to turn on then definitely I will say you have a power supply issue. This has been a big issue. Unfortunately if you don't feel comfortable with replacing it you should take it to a service center where they can fix it.