GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I have a RCA w101 tablet. I have forgotten my password *****

Customer Question

I have a RCA w101 tablet. I have forgotten my password ***** cannot find anything to help me get back on it, Please HELP. Mary Ann Forinash Phone -(###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Hi there Mary Ann! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. I can offer detailed instructions to help you reset your tablet to factory settings. This will allow you to setup a new password. The only downside to this is that you will lose anything that you have installed or saved on the tablet.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Resetting an RCA tablet is a relatively simple process. First, be sure to backup and save necessary files and settings. Power the device down completely, and then hold both the volume up button and the power button until the RCA logo appears on the screen. When the screen changes to the Android bot on his back, press and hold the power button and then press volume up once more. At this point, the Android System Recovery screen appears, with a list of options. Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate the menu and make selections accordingly.To reset the device, scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the power button. Confirm the selection by scrolling down through several "no" entries until the word "yes" is visible. Highlight "yes" and press the power button. The process takes between 1 and 10 minutes, but once it finishes, it powers up again and shows the "Welcome" screen. This is a sign of a successful reset. If you'd like I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a PHONE CALL and walk you through this, or yo can just let me know here if you have any questions or get stuck on any of the steps.