Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I was alerted online that my program was due to be renewed.

Customer Question

I was alerted online that my program was due to be renewed. I did the renewal procedure online, paying $64.10 on 3/27/16 thru my Discover card ( info in your records). I've verified that the payment was processed and cleared but discovered today that my license has expired. What do I need to secure my service again. The original program was purchased when I bought my computer in 2013. The activation code was QRBYS-FUMFE-W79TH-P5MNA and the H&R Block At Home Delux activation code was TZDQ-HFWQ. I have renenewed continuously each year since with no problems. Please help me recover this service right away. Thank you. *****
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Guess not unless you tell me something else they need to know.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 7 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected
By the way, what's the program name?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by "program name".
I mean the application/software name which you have paid for?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you mean Kaspersky Lab US.?
Is that you renewed the license for Kaspersky software?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yess I renewed after reciving a promt from Kasperski of the expiration. I renewed online and paid on 3/27/2016 and the payment has cleared.
ok,Have you received activation code after renewal?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not since I renewed in 2015.
fine, what information are there from Kasperski receipt mail?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've not received any information from Kasperski since I submitted my payment on 3/27/16 but the payment I submitted at that time has cleared. I learned it was no longer active whem I just happened to check my Kasperski icon this morning
Do you know kasperski web page login credentials?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No,
At time you made payment it worked, is that right?And is it after system reboot/restart the message reappear
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was assuming that it automatically reactivated but don't really know if it was. I got the message this morning when I turned my computer back on (is that reboot/restart?) that's when I clicked the icon and got the message.
Is it possible to start a remote session with your computer as it better helps to know the issue and can work with you in real time
If you are ok, you may download and run below tool on your computerhttp://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=416afdf3-2403-4b97-ab4f-78ac6bd33aae1: Click Above link2: Click "I Agree"3: Click "Download"4: Double click downloaded file to run the tool
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know how to do that. Would I have to check"securly connect" as shown above and commit to the $26 fee?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I received your directions of 12:48. does that commit me tp pay a $26 fee?
I am offering this service just for 10$. You may pay me afterwards
You may run the tool from above post
Let me know once you have done this
Are you there..Let me know if you have any trouble using the tool
Are you still there
If you don't want to use remote desktop, please let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I no longer require your assistance, I was able to find a phone # ***** Kasperski customer support and was able to speak to a live person who corrected my problem very quickly. It was an in-house Accounts Recievables error and I should have never been directed to you. Thank you anyway for your efforts to help me.