Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am trying to connect a full sized keyboard to my Lenovo 420

Customer Question

I am trying to connect a full sized keyboard to my Lenovo 420 using a mini docking station. however it will not allow me to use the KB with thye lid closed. what can I do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just told you ghezzz
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: that is all I need to know... is how to get the KB to work through the dock
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of windows you are running on the Laptop?Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no thanks... I am using Windows 10
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do NOT want you to connect to my system for $26.00
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
just give me the answer to add the keyboard
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
I am not asking to connect to your computer, it is something the website offers as a service, you can just ignore it....
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am ignoring it
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
What you want to do is change the action windows does when you shut the lid.To do this, press the windows key + X and click on control panel.Then type in power and click on "Change what closing the Lid does"Then on the two options next to "change what happens when I close the lid" choose Nothing for bothClick save changes, then when you close the lid, the computer stays on (normally it sleeps) and the keyboard will continue to workLet me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you going to give me a fix for the issue or not?
NOT A TEXT TO MY P
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HELLO??
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
I gave you a set of instructions to do, did you do the instructions?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING HERE
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
NOT ON MY PHONE
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
GIVE THE FIX HERE
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
it seems you missed the answer, it may be as your sending many replies.I can only post the fix in one place, same place as all my other messages to you.I will repeatWhat you want to do is change the action windows does when you shut the lid.To do this, press the windows key + X and click on control panel.Then type in power and click on "Change what closing the Lid does"Then on the two options next to "change what happens when I close the lid" choose Nothing for bothClick save changes, then when you close the lid, the computer stays on (normally it sleeps) and the keyboard will continue to workLet me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HEY I AM SOORY GUY BUT THIS WHOLE THING REALLY STINKS... PLEASE DO NOT BILL BE FOR ANYTHING OR ANY AMOUNT AS I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY ANSWER OR FIX FOR MY ISSUES. AND I WILL NOT REUSE THIS SITE NOR SEND ANYONE TO USE IT. THANKS AND HAVE A NICE DAY
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, it is weird that you received all my messages except the two messages with the answers... maybe you have other issies on your end. Anyway, you do not have to pay if you do not wish to, you can contact customer service for a refund