Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

I got locked out of my iphone....I am not well and my relatives

Customer Question

I got locked out of my iphone....I am not well and my relatives are out of town...if they try to reach me they cannot..what do I do.....they want 4 numbers and I have tried all I can think of
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 8 months ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer and mobility expert who's been paired with your through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.The only method Apple provides to regain access to your iPhone is to reset it to factory condition and perform its setup steps again (choosing a new PIN in the process). To do that:Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.If you run into difficulties performing the above or otherwise have other questions, please let me know!
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.
It's been a little while since we chatted, so I wanted to check in and see if you were able to regain access to your iPhone? Please let me know.