Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'm getting a "LoadLibrary error 1114: Dynamic link library

Customer Question

I'm getting a "LoadLibrary error 1114: Dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed" error message when I try to load up a game on my computer. I have manually reset the DPS, scanned my pc in command prompt and came up with no corrupted files, did a clean reboot, and even when all that failed I even did a system restore back to a previous date and I'm still getting the same error now.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.what game is it which is not loading and you get the dll error.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Diablo 3, but the way that works is I have to open up my Battle.net game client first to be able to play it. I get the error when I try to open the battle.net game client
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I see here I have the option to let you securely connect to my device and fix it for me...im totally ok with that if that would make this easier for you and speed things up a bit. just let me know
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here's a screenshot of the exact error message I'm getting
check and update silverlight, java, flashplayer and shockwave and then try the game after rebooting.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
all of the above updated and pc rebooted. still having same error (DLL) initialization routine failed
Create a new user account using a administrator rights and then try to install the game on the new user login and then let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
created new admin user, same result on there as well
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well through some more internet browsing researching the problem I watched this 1 minute video here and problem is now solved! thank you very much for you time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL3ayVu98Vw
Thank you.