Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Lost password. Tried to pull up Notepad but will not come up

Customer Question

Lost password. Tried to pull up Notepad but will not come up in safe mode.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Lost password ***** log into computer. Trying to go to command prompt to reset the password ***** can I get to the command prompt. So I'm looking to somehow pull up notepad so that I can type in the command prompt.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.Can you tell me which version of Windows you are using on your computer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
7
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. If you can get in to Safe Mode after entering your password ***** it means your password ***** ***** the problem lies elsewhere. What is the message you receive when you try to log in normally?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cannot log in because I don't have password.
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
OK. Resetting a password ***** Windows 7 is a difficult process but it can be done.It requires creating a bootable CD or flash drive with password ***** software installed.Are you using a Windows computer now and do you have either a blank CD disk or a flashthat you can use?
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
What would your like you new password ***** be?