Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My computer is a bit old and always keeps freezing

Customer Question

My computer is a bit old and always keeps freezing for no apparent reason. I have tried two of the registry repair software to no avail. I've also cleared the memory on the computer and that has not helped either. Is there anything that you would recommend? This freezing problem is a real pain.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
Hello! Yes, can you tell me what you are doing when it freezes? Is it the same thing every time? I recommend running a malwarebytes scan: https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/Also, do you have anti-virus you can run?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes, supposedly I have no malware or viruses. It happens every time I go online, but now even when I'm opening documents.
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
Can you tell me the model of your computer? I'd like to run a hardware integrity scan. Can you open command prompt and type chkdsk C: and hit enter. Then paste the results.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I open a command prompt on an HP computer?
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
Sure, click on start, and type cmd, then click on that and you'll be at a command prompt.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I opened the command prompt and when I typed the command it states: access denied you do not have sufficient privileges.
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
Ah, ok, open it again, but this time instead of clicking on it, right click on it and click run as administrator. Then run the command.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's running a verification, I think
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
Great!
Expert:  Asriel replied 10 months ago.
Once that finishes paste the results here.