Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Just had computer cleaned up because of a malware problem.

Customer Question

just had computer cleaned up because of a malware problem. had it done at Best Buy so I thought all is OK. I want aol as my homepage I HAVE IT PAID FOR WHAT AM I doing wrong?
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: not at this time
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?What's your Internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
- If you have a Windows computer, please try:Close all Internet Explorer windows / websites for now.Click on Start, then click Control Panel. Then Open Network and Internet / Internet Options.; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type inetcpl.cpl then click OK, then the Internet Options window will open.)Then delete everything in the box under the Home page section.Then type aol.com in the box under the Home page section.Then click OK.Then open Internet and check.- If you have a Mac computer, please try:Open the Safari application.Then click on the Safari menu at the top, then click on Preferences.Then click on the General tab at the top.Then delete everything in the box next to the option Homepage.Then type aol.com in the box next to the option Homepage.Then close.Then quit Safari app.Then open Safari app and check.- If it does not work, please answer my questions in my previous reply above.When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.