Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have Windows 10. Please explain why Windows Live Mail freezes

Customer Question

I have Windows 10. Please explain why Windows Live Mail freezes constantly and stops receiving messages, and in order to revive it, recourse must be made through Task Manager and selecting "end process?" Thank you in advance for your response.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Michael! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.Windows Live Mail is compatible with (and does not ordinarily exhibit this behavior on) Windows 10; the fact that you're experiencing unresponsiveness leads me to think that some of its program files became corrupted in the update of your operating system. So, let's start by trying this:1. Right-click the Start button.2. Click Control Panel.3. Click Programs and Features.4. Search for Windows Live Essentials then double click it.5. Click Repair all Windows Live programs.After that process finishes, try to use Windows Live Mail again. Does it still become unresponsive?Please let me know! I look forward to hearing back from you.
Hi Michael! It's been a little while since we chatted...are you still experiencing trouble with Windows Live Mail? Please let me know...I'm happy to continue helping if your issue persists.