Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I accidentally hit "save" instead of "save as"

Customer Question

***** *****- I accidentally hit "save" instead of "save as" in excell and lost some very important information
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a workbook I created to track billable job costs. I just saved one job over the top of another
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Also, what version of Office /Excel were you using? ( 2008, 2010, 2013, etc ?)