Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.

Pearl, I am utterly frustrated trying to get my gmail going

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I am utterly frustrated trying to get my gmail going again . My name is***** and my previous gmail address was***@******.*** However I have just returned from South America after a month in the Antarctic and have had continual difficulties trying to reset my password ***** I think it stems from the fact that my Phone was stolen in Aukland. I have spent hours trying to complete the questions asked in applying for a new password ***** are quite unreasonable. Canyou please sosrt this out for me.
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Computer Technician whenever you like. OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Computer Technician whenever you like. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No . Thank you for your help.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Google does not make this an easy process when you no longer have the phone that was tied to your gmail account. While there is no way I can get you back into the account what I can do is provide you with some tips that may help you get back in. I have helped hundreds of people in your same situation. From the information you provided it seems clear your travel and loss of the phone set off googles security systems and they believe the account is hacked so you will need to go through their questions and answers to prove that it is your account. Please read through the information below once before you try so you understand. Go to the following link to begin the recovery. Enter the account you need access to, type the characters in the distorted image, and click the link at the bottom of the following page to verify your identity and access the form. When it gets to the recovery options page click Verify your identity Then you need to answer these questions, When was the last time you were able to sign in to your Google Account? (take your best guess) When did you create your Google Account? (take your best guess try and get at least the year correct) Email addresses of up to five frequently emailed contacts (name as many as you can) Name of up to four labels or folders in your gmail account (name as many as you can) Select up to 4 other Google products you use with this account, and the approximate date you started using them. These could be things like youtube or google plus. What is most important is you do not guess if you have no idea. You need to provide as much correct info as you can. So if you do not know something skip it but try not to skip everything or they will not let you in. Take time to fill out each section of the form to the best of your ability. It was designed to ensure that no one can gain access to your account except you. Since Google doesn't collect a lot of information about you when you sign up for an account, they will ask you questions like when you created your account, what Google services you use, and who you email frequently. If you fill out the recovery form and aren't successful on the first try, you can try again. Make sure to wait until you receive our reply before you submit another report. Important: Try to provide as much information as possible on each attempt. Each submission is evaluated independently. You may need to go through this a couple of times. Fill in the information the best you can and try not to leave too much blank. The questions we ask to verify your identity are intentionally difficult. Answer as many questions as possible, and make sure your answers are accurate. If you fail 3 or 4 times in a row you may be shown an option to have a representative call you to help more. I do not know how this is triggered but I have seen this option pop up with my own eyes so there is some hope. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated and is what credits me for my time and expertise, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thank you,Chris