Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.

I have a spreadsheet with a column of people's names. the names

Customer Question

I have a spreadsheet with a column of people's names. the names came from different sources. Excel cannot see that the text is the same to remove duplicates.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I run Data remove duplicates and another time ran sort advanced and copy to another column but unique values only. Neithe detects any duplicates. I finally did it manually and found 88 occurences.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I noticed that there were different fonts used and I used format painter to make them all the same format.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,Could you please attach the spreadsheet here so I may review, or alternatively I can assist remotely?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?