Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a problem i do not seem to able to fix, i have tried

Customer Question

i have a problem i do not seem to able to fix, i have tried everything i could find, my hp is old, it has the pink plus in back for mic and green one for sound, but both of them says line in line out on them as thought hey are both for speaker. it is HP serial number 2UA903081F, i have not been able to record or speak, it there a chance u know something i can do besides wait for someone to come around again to go but me a mic with USB?and also please can you tell me what kind of RAM sticks i can use, i am running 2 gig now and my games have updated to the point that i can not play them even with everything else turned off but browser, please tell you would know what ram to get and how many teeth and all that. i want to be able to purchase online, i am a bit of a shut in until i can walk good again. if it helps i am running windows 7 home.... please know something to make me have hope again lol anything
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Based on the serial numberyou provided I believe your computer to be a HP RP5700. Here is a link to the service manual:http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c01037779-7.pdfTake a look and let me know if that is your machine.If it is, the computer holds a maximum of 8GB of RAM in 4 slots. The memory can be ordered here:http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//rp5700