Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician

My MS Surface running on Win 10 has only 1 usb port and I want

Customer Question

My MS Surface running on Win 10 has only 1 usb port and I want to load a program from a flash drive. I have used my usb port for my flash drive that controls my keyboard, etc. How can I get these programs into my computer without disabling my keyboard and what commands will get the computer to accept the new stuff.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.You can disconnect the keyboard and then connect the flashdrive, then use the touchscreen to get the flashdrive contents to your desktop screen. Then you can reconnect the keyboard and use its functions. Follow these steps, connect the flashdrive, then tap on the windows start menu icon, then tap on file explorer, then touch and hold the flash drive folder and drag it to the desktop.That will create a copy of the flashdrive contents on your desktop. Then you can reconnect the keyboard.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!