Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.

Premier PC Support helped me so I could access an external

Customer Question

Premier PC Support helped me so I could access an external hard drive with both my PC and my Mac, yay! My PC can now see the files on the external hard drive by using a program called HFSExplorer 0.23.1 yay!
BUT, here is my issue, I don't know how to add or delete files on the HFSExplorer when I use it on my PC!!! i can see the files but it is not clear how to add or delete those files.
I've asked Premier PC Support for assistance but now they say they can't give ANY help in explaining a program THEY added to my PC. Seriously???
So, how do I add or delete files on my external hard drive when I access that hard drive on my PC through the HFSExplorer 0.23.1 program???
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Using HFSExplorer, you cannot write data to the drive; you can only read from the drive. In order to make it readable on both the Mac and PC, you need to format the drive using the exFAT file system. First, copy all the files off of the drive that you wish to keep and save them on the Mac. Once that is copied over, format the external drive with the exFAT file system. You may use the Disk Utility application to make the format. Once you open the disk utility application, select the external drive from the list of drives and then choose to format it. If you wish, I can start a secure remote assistance session with you on the Mac and perform the instructions that I posted above for you. I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.I will be standing by,Jason If you wish to work with me in the future for new problems, you can request to work with me either by posting the question on my profile page or by prefacing your question with, "For ***** ***** Only!"