Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience

Corel Draw 6 I import a vector (IE the Microsoft Bing logo)

Customer Question

Corel Draw 6
I import a vector (IE the Microsoft Bing logo) I created the vector in Aspire (CADD) by tracing a bitmap. The vector(s) are closed.
I can't figure out a consistent way to FILL the vector. After I import it - I choose color picker then use the fill - click on the Bing logo and some of it fills (like the i) but the other letters don't fill -- they also have a black outline border.
I choose the smart fill tool - that gives me a little more success.... but not quite there.
I need to do this regularly -- I've had intermintent success before...
I need step by step instructions -- I can also email you the Bing.AI vectors that I'm using.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that in simple terms, what you need is not to fill with color picker, but rather to fill the vector with a full color pattern fill, or with a bitmap pattern fill. For that last:

1. Create a bitmap image with a solid coloring. It can be a TIF, JPG, BMP, or GIF file.

2. Use it as the fill for the vector.

is the outline of the process.

Perhaps that would give you more consistent results with e.g. your Bing logo. But maybe there's something about the Bing logo that is making the process of a fill inconvenient and inconsistent in results... if you could post me the Bing logo in question, I could judge as to that.