Stefan T
Stefan T, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  PC Technician at AST Enterprises
93058382

I forgot my password ***** my laptop. So I took it to best buy

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** my laptop. So I took it to best buy where I purchased it. They said I had to go to a different computer and go to outlook.com to reset my password. I did this and reset the password ***** my desk top. Went to lap top to put password ***** and it said I have to use the last password ***** set up on that computer. I don't know the password ***** is why I had it reset. What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am Stefan I will be glad to help. First off what version of Windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if it is necessary to connect to the device, do you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What am I to do to fix problem?
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
I am going to look up the information you seek. Give me some time to reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is not with the computer I am on. It is with my lap top computer. I can not get on that, so I don't think you can remotely connect. I already paid $20.00 for the solution. I don't want to pay more - I have no guarantee that you are helping. I don't think I should have to pay if I don't get a solution. Do you know how to help with the password *****? The lap top says " Your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password ***** on this PC". I reset the password ***** my account on the desk top but the PC wants me to use the last password ***** I don't remember it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to go to bed soon. Can you help with this or not? I do not authorize any additional funds.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
Are you using an email to login or not?
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
If your laptop is offline try to connect it to the router with an Ethernet cable to see if it will connect.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
First you need to reconnect to a networkThe message of “offline” means that the network on your computer may be either disabled or disconnected. Since Windows 8 integrates Microsoft Account, it works best when it’s connected to the internet all the time. Check and make sure the WiFi is on, or physically plug in a network wire to ensure that the machine is connected to the internet.Try logging in agian. If you still can't get in, try the following:Reset your Microsoft Account passwordYour account has probably disabled due to so many times of trying. If you are using Microsoft Account as your user account, go here to reset your password: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx and follow the steps.Once done, you should be able to get into your Windows 8 machine again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you. I will try tomorrow and see if it works.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if it works or I will continue to help.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
Hope all is well on your end. If you need further assistance or not, please let me know. Please rate my work to give me credit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK this did not help. Plugged Lap top into WiFI with cord. Still says "your PC is off line. Please sign in with the last password ***** on THIS PC". Don't know the last password. Same exact problem. Went to the link your gave me and it was the same place I went to before I contacted you and already reset the password ***** that password ***** not work on the PC. I must use the last password ***** I used on that PC. Respond when you can.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
Ok there is another way to create access to your PC. I have used this to fix lost password ***** in the past but it requires a boot disc and some work around to remove the old password ***** gain access. But my main concern is the no internet issue on WiFi or cable. I know this is not the best solution I can give to you but it seems you are better to take it to a good repair shop to have them fix it. am connected with tech around the country and can try to find one for you or I can give you the information to do a boot disk to recover your password.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 year ago.
Ok there is another way to create access to your PC. I have used this to fix lost password ***** in the past but it requires a boot disc and some work around to remove the old password ***** gain access. But my main concern is the no internet issue on WiFi or cable. I know this is not the best solution I can give to you but it seems you are better to take it to a good repair shop to have them fix it. I can give you the information to do a boot disk to recover your password.