Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

In the past, I have entered my form 8949 items directly into

Customer Question

In the past, I have entered my form 8949 items directly into my Turbotax, but I cannot find a way with my 2015 Turbotax software. I have thousands of entries otherwise, but have the numbers all ready for 20 entries on two 8949 forms which I got directly from IRS. For example, with my 8949 Part 1 Short Term, checked A, on its first line in Col. (a) it states: "See Attached Fidelity Account 127-11xx71 pages 3-21. In Col (b) it states 3/31/15, in Col (c) 8/11/15, in Col (d) $435,877 in Col (e) 525,016, in Col (h) -89139." I then enclose those 18 pages of the TAX REPORT STATEMENT I received from Fidelity for the IRS together with the printed return from my Turbotax. I have 20 such lines ready to enter into my two 8949s. PLEASE HELP ME!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.
To switch to Forms Mode, open your return, and then click the Forms icon in the upper right corner of your screen (or choose Forms from the View menu at top). if there is no forms view than you might be using the online version rather than the download or cd version. The online version does not have a forms view. if you get the forms view but can not find the form it should be under income and stocks or capital gains. It is possible though unlikely that it wont show up unless you put some data in through their interface for stocks or capital gains. Once you do that you can change it in the forms view. i am available to log in remotely and speak to you on the phone to find it with you if you are willing to pay a little bit more for the premium service.