Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have been getting frequently a pop-up saying my comuter has

Customer Question

i have been getting frequently a pop-up saying my comuter has been corrupted and Microsoft is texting me and i should call this number 1-***-***-****. Is that a Microsoft number?
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.
Hi there! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Please do not call this number. That is a scam. Microsoft will never contact you. It sounds as though your computer has some form of virus, spyware, or malware. What version of Windows do you have on your computer? If you aren't sure, click this link and tell me what on that web page it tells you please http://whatsmyos.com/
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.
Hello. I am following up to see if you are still having issues with that popup. There is a strong possibility that you may have been hacked and have some form of virus, spyware, or malware. If you'd like I can remotely connect to your oc and perform the folowing tasks for you I will perform Remote Computer Repair, Including Removal of Viruses, Malware and SpywareI will ensure that you have active and updated anti-virus software. If not, I will install a free version of AVG anti-virus for you. I will update any software that may be out of date and vulnerableI will remove "junk" files that build up on the system over time -- this clears up space on your computerDisable unneeded start-up applications. This help the computer boot faster and run faster as you use itI will cleanup and back up your computer registry, eliminating references to deleted programs, etc. to make computer run faster and more efficiently.I will clean up your web browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc) and make sure there are no malicious add-ons runningI will run "defrag" to speed up hard drive access timesI think you'll be amazed at how much better your computer will run. And you won't have to worry about popups anymore either.