Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I am ***** ***** O'Brien and I had Word Perfect on my old computer,

Customer Question

I am ***** ***** O'Brien and I had Word Perfect on my old computer, I have a new computer and Word Perfect Does not show on my Desktop
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I would like to get it back on my Desktop. I had a virus on my old computer, the files were recovered and are now on my new computer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.When an event arises that necessitates moving to a new computer, it is a common misconception that applications and programs get migrated along with the rest of your data. Due to how these program must register themselves in Windows, however, they do not -- your programs will need to be manually reinstalled on the new computer.Did your old computer have WordPerfect on it already when you purchased it (as part of its software bundle), or did you purchase it after-the-fact?