Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'm getting the same error message as other users where

Customer Question

***** ***** Gould I'm getting the same error message as other users where Windows Fax and Scan can't access my documents.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just did. I'm using Windows 8
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. this is the first time I've used this service and I don't want anyone accessing my computer till I do a little more research. How come you were not the person who originally was answering my question?
The first person was just the person who gathered the required information for us. Do you want to come back after doing some research?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He said he needed a deposit of $36 and then the page required $48 and signing up for a monthly plan. I agree I don't look as closely as I should at this and need more info about how the cost went up $12 all of a sudden.
This question cost is $36. If you want a subscription, it will be $48; however, subscription is not required. You may ignore the subscription offer, if you wish.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes but they already took my $48 so I think I'll just try to get a refund at this stage.
Okay.