Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

AOL makes me change my password ***** then won't allow me to

Customer Question

AOL makes me change my password ***** then won't allow me to go back to my old password, says it's not allowed. Why?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've used the same password ***** my aol and email on my phone. Every time aol forces me to change my password ***** phone email has to be completely uninstalled and reinstalled which is a huge inconvenience. Why won't they allow me to go back to my old password ***** is the one on my phone?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no, just that I'm really getting annoyed when this happens and for no reason. One day I sign on without any problems and the next day my password ***** ***** Then I use a new one and a few days later try to go back to my previous one and it is not allowed. What's up with that?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 8 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not spending any more money so if that means no help I'll be annoyed but not surprised. I want my $5 back.
If i don't connect, i wont be able to see what's causing you to have these issues. If you want to request refund, you can do that by mailing***@******.***.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Forget it. i won't be conned into spending $26 which I was not advised of. I'll figure this out myselg.
Good bye
Thank you.