Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Pc not working to the internet, plus no sound : computer SN

Customer Question

pc not working to the internet, plus no sound : computer SN P900D46G , I talked to a lady there earlier... Bill Holland ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today. First off, let's see about getting the computer online.- Plug the computer into the modem or router with a networking cable. - Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R- In the box that comes up, type: cmd- Click the Ok button.- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig- Press Enter Question #1: What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ping 4.2.2.3 Question #2: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?- In the black box, type the following and press Enter: ping red.com Question #3: What does it say, replies or request timed outs? I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason