Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years ExperienceCCNA Network EngineerA+ Net+ Linux & Windows OSC++ Programming
74139101

I have an Acer computer from 2010 with Windows 7 and need hook

Customer Question

I have an Acer computer from 2010 with Windows 7 and need hook up instructions on wiring i
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
Hello Charles and welcome!What instructions specifically are you looking for, are you setting up the cabling for the first time?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had taken my computer to a local repair shop. Picked it up today. While I have connected some of the cables to the back of the computer there are still se not connected. Can you provide a rear view of this Acer computer showing where ALL cables should be connected? If unable just let me know and we will cancel this communication immediately. ***** *****
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
Sure, give me a minute to find that for you, Charles
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
Do you have the model number so I can find the exact model?
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
Or tell me which cables you haven't connected yet and I'll tell you where they go
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Correction:?This is a Dell Home Premium OA. OMW060. Serv tag 79WLDK1. Serv Code *********** No other info on tag on top of tower.
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, that's an Inspiron 537.Should look like this:http://www.compumas.com.gt/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/0010t.jpg
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
Which cables do you need to plugin?I can tell you exactly where they go
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Remote connect not possible as not all wire connections are done on back of tower. Is there a visual schematic showing All wire connected and what Each wire is for?
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
The cables are the same on pretty much all computers but here's a video with an explanation of which port is what:https://youtu.be/YAHt6A_lDcA?t=219
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you get my last message?
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
I made a diagram for you just now
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
Here you go
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
Does that help?
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above as it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin
Expert:  Martin replied 8 months ago.
Did you need anymore help with this, Charles?