Brent Woolverton
Brent Woolverton,
Experience:  Network Security Analyst at Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida
93450282

I AM TRYING TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD ***** I FORGOT JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

I AM TRYING TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD ***** I FORGOT
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My iPhone says it is disabled and I need o
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: to connect to I-tunes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Brent Woolverton replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you are having this issue. Unfortunately, you will have to erase your phone to fix this. Erase your device with recovery modeIf you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple StoreWhile your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.
Hello, Sorry you are having this issue. Unfortunately, it will require you to erase your device with recovery modeIf you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple storeWhile your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.